Ever stuck for questions to ask in an interview? Here’s a few helpful ones from Prime Appointments:-
Prime Appointments recommends you ask a variety of questions…
General Skill Base
- What do you feel are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What would the people around you say your best qualities were?
- Tell us why we should hire you.
- What can you bring to the company?
- What can you provide for us that other candidates can’t?
If a candidate is struggling on a question, move on to the next…
- Why is it you want to work here?
- How much do you know about our company?
- What do you know / think about our products/services?
Check to see if the candidate knows what their role will be…
- Can you outline the main tasks and responsibilities in this job?
- What do you think the main challenges in the role will be?
Everyone has goals to reach for, so look into the candidate’s ideas to see if their ideals fit in with your company’s…
Ambitions & Motivations
- What are your goals / ambitions?
- What do you think motivates you most?
- Which type of tasks do you get the most satisfaction from?
- In five years time, where do you see yourself?
History can often reflect the future, so find out about your candidate’s work history…
- What was the reason for leaving your previous position?
- What was your previous / current salary along with any other benefits?
- Describe a typical day in your previous / current position.
- What experience have you gained from previous jobs?
Remember to ask opinions as well as straight forward questions…
- What, in your eyes, makes for a good team?
- What do you think makes a good team member?
- What makes someone a good team leader?
Remember you want to know about the person you’re potentially employing as well as their skills… so ask a bit about them…
Potential Employee (Personal interests – outside work)
- What was the last book you read / film you saw?
- How would you describe yourself?
- How do you think your friends would describe you?
- Do you have any hobbies or take part in any team or individual sports?
Try out Prime Appointments tips for interview, and good luck!
(Remember, Prime Appointments can assist you in Interview Techniques – check out our page on the Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts for Interviews to find out more)