My client, a leading company in their field based in North London are seeking a Contracts Manager to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial the role will require a broad range of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for providing strong working commercial knowledge and support, acumen and advisory service across all departments within the business, in particular to the Sales and Programme functions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Bid Support, including;
o Working with relevant teams to ensure acceptable cash flow and payment profiles are contractually agreed, and provide oversight and guidance for project cash flow and milestone planning
o Working closely with the Procurement team to ensure flowdown of appropriate supplier terms into project contracts.
o Generating Proposal Documentation
o Ensuring that proposals to customer are priced, developed and approved in accordance with company procedures
o Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority
* Contractual Support, including;
o Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements across all business activities, and adherence to corporate ethics and compliance policies and procedures.
o Supporting the business with all contract and commercial management expertise during the lifecycle of the contract and programme.
o Responsible for generating, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a suite of contractual documents, including, Supply and Purchase Contracts, Confidentiality Agreements, Licensing Agreements and Standard Terms and Conditions
o Prepare and negotiate new contracts and amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval.
* Undertaking all responsibilities in compliance with all applicable Data Protection laws including the GDPR.
* Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans.
* Advising on contractual matters throughout the lifecycle of the programme, including supporting the team with contractual disputes.
* Review customer terms and conditions and advise on risks, cost drivers and propose acceptable commercial positions, to the Business Unit
* Ensuring all contractual documents are submitted in accordance with company policies, and matters requiring approval are escalated in accordance corporate guidelines.
* Day-to-day managing of contracts, including customer relationship management.
* Previous experience in a similar role (essential)
* Excellent communicator at all levels
* Flexibility – visits to other sites including customers both in the UK and international will be required
* Strong organisation skills
* Experience of all Microsoft Office suite programmes
* Experience with negotiation with successful experience of operating in UK and international markets
* Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the UK and international defence and security markets
* Good working knowledge of UK Export Controls and Intellectual Property legislations.
* At least 5 years minimum experience in a similar role.
* Degree Level or equivalent.
* Formal legal training/IACCM would be an advantage.
Excellent benefits package on offer, including Life assurance cover and travel discounts.
This role would suit an experienced contract or commercial manager within the defence industry who is looking to take the next step in their career.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01376 502999
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days your application for this position has been unsuccessful.