My client, a leading company in their field based in North London are seeking a Graduate Contracts Officer to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial the role will require a broad range of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for providing strong working commercial knowledge and support, acumen and advisory service across all departments within the business, in particular to the Sales and Programme functions.
Duties include, but are not limited to;
* Supporting the business with all contract and commercial management expertise during the lifecycle of the contract and programme.
* Advising on contractual matters throughout the lifecycle of the programme, including supporting the team with contractual disputes.
* Responsible for generating, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a suite of contractual documents, including, Supply and Purchase Contracts, Confidentiality Agreements, Licensing Agreements and Standard Terms and Conditions
* Managing the renewal process for registered Intellectual Property rights and acting as the main point of contacts with the external IP agencies.
* Managing the group property portfolio, including lease renewals, terminations and other general enquiries.
* Day-to-day managing of contracts, including customer relationship management.
* Updating and maintaining the centralised contracts database
* Responsible for supporting the bid team in the review of Terms and Conditions which encompasses drafting and negotiation of the contract.
* Conducting contract reviews in association with other departments, and providing advice on contractual obligations, liabilities and rights
* Ensuring all contractual documents are submitted in accordance with company policies, and matters requiring management approval are escalated in accordance with the prescribed processes.
* To support the Compliance function to review, manage and renew Counterparty agreements such as Agency, Dealership & Consultancy Agreements, Reseller, and Service Agency Agreements.
* Supporting the Director of Commercial Affairs and Head of Commercial with any additional tasks as required.
* Strong communicator; both written and verbal
* Commercially alert – effective at identifying and assessing risk, mitigations and risk management
* Strong organisational skills
* Experience of all Microsoft Office suite programmes
* Good knowledge of UK and International contracting law principles and legislation
* Good understanding of drafting and management of contracts
* Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail
* Able to work to own initiative whilst also being a good team player
* Degree Level or equivalent.
* Formal legal training would be an advantage.
Excellent benefits package on offer, including Life assurance cover and travel discounts.
This role would suit an individual who has a strong interest in pursuing a career in the Contract and Commercial Management profession, who either comes from a similar employment background, or any other related profession or academia such as Law.
Are you tenacious, flexible and dynamic? Do you enjoy working in a challenging multi-faceted role?
If yes this could be the role for you.
Please contact email@example.com or 01376 502999
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days your application for this position has been unsuccessful.