- About us
- Our divisions
- Contact us
Do you come for a carpentry / joinery background? Are you looking for a permanent position offering excellent long-term prospects? If you live in or within commutable distance to Braintree, Essex then this could be the role for you!!!
Competitive pay on offer with overtime available.
This family run, well established company are seeking an experienced Bench Joiner who can come in & join their busy team. Though the company are ideally after an experienced bench joiner, they would also consider trainees if they have come from a relevant carpentry course / apprenticeship.
Bench joiner duties entail:
- The person must be able to work on own initiative as well as work to high finish as they will be going into the sample department
- Pressing & basic veneering of the products & producing samples before the final product is manufactured
- The company manufacture high quality veneered doors & panels so someone will need to have good attention to detail & must be able to cope well under pressure
- Some shop fitting on-site on occasions
- You will be working on cross cut machines, band saws, hand tools, power tools Rip Saws or spindle cutters would be a distinct advantage
- 20 days holidays + bank holidays and Christmas shut down
- Overtime Available
- Free On-site parking
- Fantastic career progression within the company
- You will have completed an NVQ / City & Guilds Level 2 or 3 or will have served an apprenticeship in carpentry / joinery, furniture or cabinet making
- The ideal applicant will have at least 2 years joinery experience
- Read from technical drawings
- Good operator with spindle moulders and other machinery
As previously stated, trainee joiners will be considered so if you do only have a couple years of experience but have the right attitude then you will still be considered.
Working hours are Monday Thursday, 07:00 16:00, with an early finish on a Friday.
If you think you match the job description, apply to this job online now!
If you think this role may be of interest but would like some further detail, please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.