- About us
- Our divisions
- Contact us
We are looking for a draughtsperson / CAD technician to join a family run joinery firm based in Halstead, Essex.
Negotiable salary on offer on subject to levels of experience.
This position if working for a company who specialise in the manufacture of bespoke joinery products within the domestic, architectural & commercial sectors.
Though you will be primarily working as a CAD technician, the company are ideally after someone who also has estimating experience. Previous experience as an estimator is not essential as the company are prepared to offer training & development in this area for the right individual.
Draughtsperson duties include:
- Production of detailed & accurate CAD drawings for client approval and workshop manufacture.
- Planning & coordinating jobs in the workshop working closely with the workshop manager to ensure all projects are run efficiently, safely and in accordance with project timescales.
- Reading & interpreting drawings and specifications from Architects / Designers for estimating purposes.
- Reviewing tender documents (bill of quantities, drawings & plans) and working up detailed & accurate quotations.
- Assisting in the workshop & getting back on the tools when necessary to help meet deadlines
- Liaising with existing clients to ensure smooth running of all projects and building and maintaining new and existing client relationships.
- Liaising and communicating with our suppliers and researching potential new suppliers as required.
- Site surveys and design meetings as and when required.
This role would suit someone who has come from a carpentry / joinery background & is looking to further progress their career.
Skills & Experience:
- Background in joinery & experience on the tools
- Proficient in AutoCAD design
- Ability to read & interpret drawings from architects & designers
- Ability to produce detailed drawings for clients to sign off and the workshop to manufacture to manufacture from.
- Strong mathematical ability
Standard working hours, Monday Friday.
If you think this role may be of interest but would like some further details on the role then please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.