- About us
- Our divisions
- Contact us
We are looking for an experienced Plant Fitter for an ASAP start based just outside of Colchester, Essex.
MUST HAVE working knowledge of plant equipment, agricultural & construction vehicles. Ideally you will also have some vehicular experience.
Competitive pay available subject to the experience of the applicant. The company are also able to offer plenty of overtime with an order book full for most of the current year.
Due to the high volume of work they currently have on they are not able to offer training and need someone who has previous experience as a mechanical engineer. You will also be expected to do full diagnostics on a vast range of machinery from forklift trucks, tractors, diggers & standard vehicles.
This is a varied role for someone who is hardworking and flexible. Jobs can be varied from workshop duties to driving out to customers site.
Hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am-17:00pm. You will also be expected to work additional overtime to help with the high volume of orders.
Plant Fitter Daily duties:
Attending customer sites to inspect faulty equipment
Diagnosing the cause of the fault
Ordering the correct parts to repair the faults
Complete full repairs; mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
Fixing or maintaining agricultural equipment, heavy machinery, construction equipment, vehicles
Following health and safety procedures
Skills / experience required:
- Experience on heavy plant / agricultural equipment
- Must be able to fault find
- Able to carry out mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic repairs
- Identify / order correct parts needed for each job
- Full UK licence - Due to the location of the company, you will often be required to drive the company van to customers sites
- Hardworking, flexible, and happy to do overtime
- NVQ in plant maintenance or mechanical engineering
If you think this role may be of interest but would like some further information, please contact Simon from Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.