- About us
- Our divisions
- Contact us
We have a new and exciting role for a toolmaker for a company based over in Chelmsford, Essex.
As a toolmaker / craftsperson your primary role will be to provide an in-house fast track machining service to all areas of the business, in support of projects and standard product. You will be form part of a machine shop team that is situated within the engineering services group. You will be working alongside other sectors of the team, such as PCB design, numerical modelling, mechanical design, reliability engineering, model shop & documentation control.
Toolmaker responsibilities in this role include:
- Ensuring projects are completed in time, within budget & to a high quality
- Mentoring junior team members on techniques, tools and work practices
- Demonstrate competent knowledge with respect to machining capabilities / limitations (DFM), interpretation of engineering drawing, material selection etc.
- Identify innovative solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Knowledge of and adherence to safe working practices in line with HSE policy, risk assessment and COSHH procedures
- Maintain and demonstrate effective interfaces with engineering, project management
- Demonstrate the ability to manufacture JIGs, fixture and development of components to a high standard in exotic materials
- Demonstrate knowledge and practical understanding of all machine tools and their application
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Able to demonstrate use of CNC tools
- Computer literate, conversant with CAD/CAM file transfer
- Competent level of machining knowledge & application
- Competent in reading & understanding technical drawings
- Knowledge of material science
- BTEC level 3 / HNC or equivalent qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline
This is a permanent position offering a highly competitive salary, subject to the skills & experience of the applicants.
Working 08:00 16:00, Monday Friday.
If you think this role may be of interest but would like some further detail, please contact Carl at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for my contact details.