- About us
- Our divisions
- Contact us
We have an urgent requirement for a skilled wood machinist to work for an independent, family run joinery firm in Harlow, Essex.
The following role is for a family run joinery firm who specialise in the manufacturing of domestic products, but their main area of business is kitchen refurbishments. A lot of the projects that they undertake are bespoke so applicants must have previous joinery experience to be considered for the role.Â
Wood machinist duties include:
- Interpret drawings / job sheets / cutting lists on one's own initiative
- Utilise the correct machinery for the job and operate to safety guidelines
- Competent using various wood work machinery (primarily the wall saw)
- Able to work with various hand & power tools
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and managers
- Accurately record jobs on time-sheets
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment
- Practical understanding of timber & its applications
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
As you will primarily be operating the wall saw this role can become repetitive so it is essential you have a keen eye for details as well high level of focus to maintain company output.
This is a permanent role subject to a successful 3-month probation period.
Standard hours, Monday - Friday with overtime available.
If you think this role could be of interest but would like some more information, then please contact Holly, Carl or Simon at Prime Appointments. Check out our website for our contact details.